How Cookies are Used
Jobs in Maritime Cookies:
- allows our website to operate as expected;
- prevents you from having to login each time your access the website;
- preserves your settings whilst on the website and in between browsing;
- enhances the efficiency and security of the website;
- permits the page sharing when using websites such as Twitter and Facebook;
- continuously improve the features and functions of our website for you;
- makes our promotional activities more effective.
Our Cookies do not:
- gather any personally identifiable information (without your approval);
- gather any sensitive information (without your express approval);
- share data with advertising networks;
- share personally identifiable data with third parties.
Jobs in Maritime Cookies
- establishing if you are logged on;
- retaining your search settings.
Users of the Jobs in Maritime website should be aware that there is no way to avoid these Cookies being set apart from not using our website.
Third Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the internet for helping us to understand how you use our website and ways in which we can improve your experience. These
Cookies may track things such as how long you spend on our website and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics Cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that our website is delivered. When we are still testing new features these Cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on our website whilst ensuring that we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on our website that allow you to connect with your social network in a variety of ways. For these to work the social media websites Twitter and YouTube, will set Cookies through our website which may be used to enhance your profile on their website or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective Privacy Policies a link to which is provided.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies can usually be turned off by changing your browser settings so that it does not accept Cookies (learn how here), disabling this feature however is likely to hinder the performance of many websites as Cookies are a standard part of most websites.
If you have concerns about Cookies relate to what is known as “Spyware”, instead of disabling Cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software has the same outcome as Cookies considered to be invasive are automatically deleted. Learn more about managing Cookies with antispyware software.
Hopefully that has clarified the purpose of Cookies and why Jobs in Maritime uses them. As previously stated, if there is something that you are not sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave Cookies enabled in case there is an interaction with one of the features that you use on our website. However if you are still looking for more information then, please contact us.