Location: Rosyth- Scotland
Start Date: Immediate upon completion of testing & training
Duration: 6 months (potential extension for another 6 months)
Shift(s): Potential overtime Mon – Fri, Inc Weekends.
Our client are looking for a number of Welders in Rosyth. They are in involved in the new build of Naval ships of various types
- SVQ/NVQ Level 3 & Trade Papers for apprenticeship.
- If successful a Trade test is organised
- During this process Base Security clearance is required (BPSS)
- Disclosure Scotland/ DBS England required
- CONSISTENTLY WELDING BUTTS AND FILLETS TO A HIGH STANDARD.
- MAIN PROCESS – FCAW / MAG (EXPERIENCE OF USING CERAMIC TILES).
- CAPABLE OF USING ASSOCIATED WELDING EQUIPMENT.
- CAPABLE OF ALL POSITIONAL WELDING.
- DEPOSIT WELDS THAT PASS BOTH VISUAL AND NDE EXAMINATIONS.
- MATERIALS – EXPERIENCE OF WELDING CARBON STEEL THICKNESS 4mm AND ABOVE, BUT SPECIFICALLY IN THE 4-10mm RANGE.
- SELF VERIFICATION ON ALL WELDS.
- ADHERE TO ALL SHE RELATED ISSUES ASSOCIATED WITH WELDING, INCLUDING FUME CONTROL.
ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES- (*COULD BE ADVANTAGEOUS):-
- WELDING WITH MCAW CONSUMABLES.
- WELDING ALUMINIUM WITH MIG PROCESS.
- WELDING WITH AUTOMATED EQUIPMENT.
Suitable candidates must be time served and have FCAW experience and come from a shipbuilding/shiprepair background. Other industries such as offshore/oil & gas may be considered. You will be in involved in the new build of Naval ships.
Please note we use an umbrella company
Competitive Rates for local contractors (under 39 miles)
Competitive hourly Rates for non local contractors (over 39 miles)
The roles are inside IR35 therefore Ltd co is not an option.
Contract length – . 6 months but can change – Standard working week – 37 hours. OT available as per project requirements
The following documentation must be provided
- Welder Test Certificate (Valid within last 12 months) for around 12 mm thick Butt Vertical UP position in the required welding process as per BS EN ISO 9606-1 (stamped by recognised independent third party)
- Welder Test Certificate (Valid within last 12 months) for around 12 mm thick Multi-pass Fillet Vertical UP position in the required welding process as per BS EN ISO 9606-1 (stamped by recognised independent third party)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing their relevant experience in welding and pertaining products e.g., pipe, structural etc.
All candidates will have to undertake a weld test which will be FCAW, all positions, MIG & Metal core fillets.
All candidates must be eligible for security clearance. You will be taking through the clearance process before you start which will require a DBS check (dated within 3 months). And a BPSS clearance Cost of DBS and BPSS checks must be paid by the candidate
Jobs in Maritime recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination.
We will not discriminate based on gender, race, marital status, disability, age, health, employment status, sexual orientation, or religion.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold UK permanent residency.