Our client is the largest global company within towage and related services. We employ over 4000 employees and have a fleet of over 500 tugs.
We offer a competitive work/life balance as well as the opportunity to manage all aspects of vessel operation and ownership. We pride ourselves on providing best in industry tools to accomplish our goals safely and to a high standard.
The Tug Master will be responsible for the efficient and safe operations and maintenance standard of vessels.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Carrying out safe operations to assisted ships in a responsible and timely manner.
• Taking personal responsibility for ensuring a culture of safety is observed on board at all times, and that existing tools to achieve same are utilized by all persons on board.
• Ensuring proper administration of all ship management activities on the vessel, including timely safety and operational reporting, keeping of appropriate records etc.
• Liaising closely with Marine Managers, Harbour Pilots, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth planning and communication of all towage operations.
Who we are looking for
• Minimum Master <500GT COC
• Experience ASD/Voith propulsion .
• Harbour or Terminal towage experience preferred.
• Strong administrative/computer skills.
• Strong communication skills.
Candidates need to hold a current UK driving licence.
Jobs in Maritime recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination.
We will not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, marital status, disability, age, health, employment status, sexual orientation or religion.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK