Our Client and their fleet have been established for over 70 years and are renowned for their attention to design and service detail within their family business.
Their new home, opened in 2021 on the River Thames in Westminster which included an Electrolux Grand Cuisine tasting kitchen. Clients include Dom Perignon, Google, Tik Tok, Jaguar and Bulgari.
We have a rare opportunity in London for a creative Sous Chef to assist the Head Chef in taking the kitchens and menus of a new London landmark venue and portfolio of luxury river yachts on the River Thames into the 21st Century. This extraordinary role will include delivering sustainable, luxury events menus with a simple, contemporary edge, involving everything from intimate food tastings to a launch party for 800 guests.
If you’re looking for your next exciting challenge and are passionate about consistently producing high quality food and forging a career as a Sous chef with continuous development, then this is the role for you.
The successful candidate for this role will have significant experience in a similar role supported by high-volume and high-standard events experience.
As Sous Chef, you will assist the Head Chef in the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the delivery of high standards in food quality. Always ensuring we deliver on our promise to keep food at the heart of everything we do.
- Work as a team with our other exceptional Chefs.
- Liaise with suppliers – Manage all food procurement, stock inwards, stock management and minimise wastage.
- Consistently working to agreed budgets and best due diligence practice.
- Manage kitchen production ensuring quality and consistency every time and in line with company guidelines.
- Manage and exercise Food Safety and Health and Safety policies.
- To control and minimise all kitchen associated costs without detriment to the business or service.
- Ensure the kitchen operates efficiently and budgets are managed successfully.
- Ensure good communication at all times and cascade relevant information to the team.
- To invest and be passionate about the development of the kitchen team to allow individuals to reach full potential.
- Assist in creating a positive and fun environment.
Working Week: 45 hours per week 5 out of 7 days
Salary: £35-40K DOE
Location: Victoria Embankment – London
We are offering:
- An employer contribution pension.
- An autonomous and innovative working environment and culture.
- Various internal and external training to ensure we remain industry leading.
- Annual staff parties
If you’re looking for your next exciting challenge and are passionate about consistently producing high quality food and forging a career as a Sous chef with continuous development, then this is the role for you.Please note, in order to be considered for this role, you must possess the right to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor visa applications for this position. Jobs in Maritime recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination.We will not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, marital status, disability, age, health, employment status, sexual orientation or religion.