An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced, confident Recruiter to join us on our journey to success.
The primary responsibility of the Recruiter will be to attract, fill vacancies in a timely manner and retain candidates for clients.
This is an exciting time for Jobs in Maritime, we are a Global Maritime MCA certified placement and recruitment agency and job board committed to directly supporting the needs of the maritime sector.
We recruit in the following sub-sectors: Shipping, Ports & Logistics, Engineering, Energy, Marine Infrastructure Projects, Superyacht, Cruise, Shipbuilding &Shipyards, and Fisheries
Our knowledge and expertise of the industry enables us to provide specialist and pro-active tailored recruitment solutions to fulfil global employment needs and business objectives for our clients and wider maritime industries
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Recruiter that has a good understanding of the maritime sector and good knowledge around marine qualifications, who will be an asset to our recruitment business providing invaluable support to the team, candidates, and clients.
This role is mainly candidate focused. You will source candidates for a range of roles
The field of recruitment is extremely competitive and fast paced. The ideal candidate will be able to very quickly identify, attract, and shortlist candidates for the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements of the business briefs.
Responsibilities – Day to day duties
- Writing job adverts and posting them online (job-boards, social media etc.)
- Using CV / candidate databases to find suitable candidates relevant to recruitment specialisms and live vacancies
- Calling candidates / applicants to screen them for suitability to roles (current or upcoming)
- Conducting telephone and video interviews
- Maintaining regular contact with candidates to check their availability for work, their requirements, and to answer any initial questions they may have about a role
- Seek out talent across a variety of online platforms, such as LinkedIn,
- Find the right applicant for each position/Place candidates
- Screening lots and lots of potential candidates before recruiting them.
- Communicate with a broad pool of candidates and potential candidates.
- play a key role in identifying new business opportunities by scanning job boards and acting as the eyes and ears of the business to introduce new business
- You will be liaising with a whole range of people, getting as much information as possible to make the perfect match.
- Searching for and identifying job leads and strive to identify new candidate and client opportunities.
- Source new candidates from jobsites, social media and other platforms using local market knowledge. Contact the candidates and conduct initial screening to find out what roles they are interested in, their salary expectations, notice period, the reason for leaving current role, and so on.
- When working on specific roles, having assignment meetings to learn the job details, specific qualifications required, and the experience needed and use this information to source candidates who meet the criteria.
- Plan the candidate search – if sourcing a new candidate, searching through all available sources. If not, searching for a new candidate and scanning Jobs in Maritime database and candidate portal to find suitable candidates
- Conducting the initial screening when dealing with new candidates, followed by registering the candidate to match the roles they are looking for.
- Understand and manage candidates’ aspirations to ensure they find the right role.
- Bring up any serious issues to the MD
- Provide support in carrying out pre-employment and compliance checks in line with company policy and relevant legislation.
- Providing general administrative support to the recruitment function, such as answering enquiries, supporting the sales process, processing company/candidate and client data and making sure that the candidates and clients always receive a professional and comprehensive recruitment service.
- Make the recruitment process smoother by contacting new and old candidates and preparing a suitable pool of candidates for the relevant role.
- Ensure the smooth running of operations by maintaining dialogue throughout the candidate experience, scheduling screenings and co-ordination of interviews, and providing constructive feedback.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to gain people’s confidence and put them at ease
- Good judge of character
- Persuasive, persistent, and patient
- Able to cope with pressure
- Sales orientated
- Able to hit and exceed sales targets
- Abe to work at a fast paste to meet deadlines
- Takes great pride in their work
- Commercially aware
- Flexible and adaptable
- Professional telephone manner
- A mature personality
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- The ability to prioritise
- Excellent IT skills
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Able to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Educated to graduate level
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Previous experience as a recruiter preferably in the maritime sector
- Recruitment, sales, and customer focused background
Jobs in Maritime recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination.
We will not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, marital status, disability, age, health, employment status, sexual orientation or religion.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK