Our client are looking for a talented Operations Manager to join their fabulous team on board their luxury Fleet; a selection of luxury hand-crafted river yachts & cruisers on the Thames.
This extraordinary space will provide an iconic home to the fleet in the heart of central London and the successful applicant will be part of the next chapter of our Fleet’s history.
- This role combines a balance of 40% office related administrative tasks and 60% event presence.
- This will likely scale in the opposite manner gradually as progression in the role takes place
- To ensure complete operational and commercial success in the daily function of the events
- balancing the objectives of both the Fleet and (the client)
Main duties and responsibilities:
- All events and client show rounds are prepared and ready on time.
- Lead by example with a ‘hands-on’ approach to event delivery and coaching other operational team members to deliver the highest standards of service.
- Manage all event related suppliers related to pre-, during and post-event work.
- Presentation of staff and conduct carefully monitored and addressed.
- ‘WSF” and ‘AT” values promoted and practiced at every opportunity with client needs to be carefully looked after at all times (both end clients).
- Proactively identify and address any weaknesses in information dissemination between teams and the delivery of service.
- Rotas overseen and FOH and chef staffing levels monitored based on guest numbers and staffing budgets – amending with final numbers increases/decreases as necessary
- Ensure ISM safety standards are maintained in close liaison with the Marine Director and General Manager.
- Ensure follow up of client feedback is handled effectively, keeping the General Manager informed at all times.
- Ensuring FOH defects related to the venue are reported to the correct senior members of the team and followed up to resolution.
- Ensure showround standards are exemplary at all times and staffed effectively following the showround protocol standards
- Be available to support off site events if required
Product Responsibility & Administrative
- Generate and implement revenue boosting initiatives across core areas
- Work with the General Manager on product development to ensure we are leading the market with new ideas in F&B and ensuring our presentation of F&B is of a 5 star standard at all times.
- Work closely with the planning team in ensuring all exchange of information related to events is cohesive.
- Follow and review weekly “control” schedule of random stock checks, manage till cash-up procedures, beverage stocking in/out procedures
- Develop wine list and drinks offering with needs in mind, working within the parameters of procurement team guidelines.
- Price and content reviews of drinks packages along with post event reconciliation of figures.
- Ensure beverage stocktakes are done monthly and inputted according to Head Office deadlines and protocols.
- Ensure regular pre and post-event costings are done to ensure pricing and costs remain in line
- Control of purchases, equipment hire, linen and all other cost elements of your department in line with budget.
Communication & Monitoring
- Conduct twice monthly meetings with all key line reports
- Attend monthly meeting with General Manager
- All meetings to have agenda, minutes and action points being properly recorded
- Chair the weekly events meetings with the Senior Event Planner ensuring all forward
- planning within the department is done appropriately, minutes are taken and circulated
People management and Team Development / Training
- Promote a strong team ethic and a culture of cross functional training and team exchange
- All roles to have up to date and accurate job descriptions signed off with team members
- All direct report team members holidays and absences monitored and checked using Fourth Hospitality.
- Annual appraisals to be conducted with direct reports. Meeting notes to be taken, written up and shared with staff members.
- KPI’s to be set for each team member and reviewed every 6 months.
- Ensure there is an annual training schedule for the department.
- Conduct necessary team training and maintain records in conjunction with Head Office requirements.
- Conduct interviews, recruit and induction plans for all new employees into Operations.
- Implement a tight reporting structure for giving and receiving feedback on all RFD staff and agency staff.
Back of House
- Equipment is cleaned, cared for and stored appropriately.
- BOH areas are kept clean and tidy at all times and in line with H&S regulations.
- Responsible for the purchasing of crockery, cutlery and glassware for events and the Quay.
- Quarterly equipment stock counts of all equipment.
- Ensure the linen and uniforms are counted in and out of the building. Monthly stocktakes are taken and supplier losses are checked and recorded.
- Dealing with all repair contractors for maintenance of FOH bar and galley equipment in liaison with the Head Chef.
- Ensure operational boat reports are filled in directly after events and any operational issues are actioned.
- Ensure all H&S documentation is filled in correctly for each event and staff safety briefs are carried out in line with MCA and marine crew regulations
- Preparing of monthly operational cross charges form and invoices
- Review and monitor your departmental budgets and provide commentary to the GM where needed.
- Log all breakages and reinforce duty of care of all employees
- Be sufficiently conversant with the IT infrastructure for AT in order to be able to resolve any issues
Health & Safety
- Responsible for maintaining H&S policy and due diligence as designated by legislation and
- AT’s internal specification to include all relevant recording and documentation working too within H&S guidelines.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week – Weekends required based on business
Salary: £46,000 – £50,000/ Year
Location: Victoria Embankment, London
We are offering:
- An employer contribution pension.
- An autonomous and innovative working environment and culture.
- Various internal and external training to ensure we remain industry leading.
- Annual staff parties
Please note, in order to be considered for this role, you must possess the right to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor visa applications for this position.Jobs in Maritime recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination.We will not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, marital status, disability, age, health, employment status, sexual orientation or religion.