Mechanical Tech – Off Highway Equipment
Location: Queenborough, Kent England, United Kingdom
MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN – World-class service and repair for mobile, heavy-duty vehicles and machinery
We are a specialist engineering group with bases in Southampton, North Kent and North Yorkshire.
Our client offers Extensive service, repair and overhaul capabilities to both fleet and individual operators
They are experts in providing bumper to bumper diagnostics, servicing, repair and overhaul to a wide range of driveline systems, including engines, torque converters, transmissions, axles, electronic systems, pumps and compressors, for an even more comprehensive range of Off-Highway Vehicles.
We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service, starting with meeting your individual project needs and continuing through to our well-acknowledged after-sales support.
We are accredited Twin Disc and SIDES service providers and our engineer’s hold accreditation from Detroit Diesel, Godiva, Iveco, Volvo, Scania, Dosifer, Caterpillar. We are also an official ZF Service centre.
We offer life-extension solutions along with preventative care and emergency support.
Are you a qualified mechanic looking to expand your experience or develop existing skills within an industrial and marine mobile driveline environment, backed by industry-leading brands?
This is an excellent opportunity to widen your driveline expertise and broaden your skills portfolio.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salary
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- 24 days annual leave plus English bank holidays
- Full-time position – 39 hour working week
- Potential for travel
- A detailed and comprehensive training program
- Mobile phone
- Warm and open working environment
- Management open-door policy
- Part of an international group of companies
Joining our expanding organisation, you will form an integral part of an already successful team. Working on an array of industry-leading drive arrays and components on both marine and industrial applications.
Primarily a workshop-based, with regular on-site customer visits, and the potential for overseas travel, the role is easily commutable from Queenborough, Kent and surrounding areas.
This varied role will see you working on the repair, overhaul, maintenance and servicing a range of off-highway transmissions, torque converters, axles and associated driveline products, covering a diverse range of equipment.
- UK based role with the potential for European and international travel
- Covering a wide variety of Off highway and industrial Transmissions
- UK and Ireland Twin Disc Distributor
- Authorised repairer of a range ZF industrial products
- UK and Ireland Transfluid Distributor
Refurbishment of Off Highway equipment
- ARF Fire fighting trucks
- Concrete Volumetric Mixing trucks
- Excavators final drives and slew gears
- Articulated Dump Trucks powershift transmissions and torque convertors
Complexed drive line solutions from Diesel Engines or Electric Motors
- Fluid couplings
- Clutches both mechanical and electrical
- Fluid power solutions
- Transmission diagnostics data logging and monitoring
- Partner with Danfoss for support with Variable speed Drive controllers VACON and VLT products along with other Danfoss Equipment.
- Carrying out site surveys
- Reporting through a CRM
- Compiling a full condition report for the customer with Retrofit/Overhaul options
- To support with complete machine overhauls when required
We are welcoming applicants that hold the below experience;
- A recognised qualification or industry experience in mechanical engineering
- Basic knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems would be an advantage.
Jobs in Maritime recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination.
We will not discriminate based on gender, race, marital status, disability, age, health, employment status, sexual orientation, or religion.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold UK permanent residency.