Our Client , A well known Maritime Training Academy are looking to appoint an additional Maritime Safety Instructor to our existing training team based in South Gloucester.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced instructor to join a knowledgeable, experienced and professional team. The successful candidate will be given the support to develop to their full potential, and to become an integral part of the team.
Duration: Full Time Role
Salary: £27,527 – 31,692 DoE + Package.
The purpose and function of this role is to deliver a range of courses in accordance with the guidelines and requirements as set out by the Maritime & Coastguard Agency and RYA.
As part of the training delivery team the successful candidate will be responsible for the setup and delivery of a wide range of courses. Drawing on your own extensive experience you will be able to guide our students and support them in achieving their true potential.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will work collaboratively with other instructors and the management team to maintain and improve standards, ensuring that all training is engaging, interesting and fit for purpose. As an experienced Maritime Safety Instructor, you will play an integral part in promoting safer working and behaviours onboard
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of course equipment and resources for both theoretical and practical elements of training delivery.
- To ensure that all students have the relevant pre-course materials and support.
- To enable all students, and to create an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- To work collaboratively as an integral part of the team to deliver consistently high standard courses.
- To assist in the development and maintenance of existing relationships with external companies.
- To assist in the development of course materials and resources.
To apply for the role of Maritime Safety Instructor it is essential you have:
- Physical capabilities to carry out this role and support practical learning.
- English as a first language.
- MCA approved qualifications or equivalent experience within HM Armed Forces.
- Previous experience in the Maritime industry, Emergency Services or HM Armed Forces.
- A recognised trainer qualification or equivalent is preferred.
- Relevant qualifications and experience relevant to the role as described above.
To apply for the role of Maritime Safety Instructor it is desirable you have:
- Basic computing skills (training can be provided if required).
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team with excellent communication.
- The ability to work independently and take initiative when required.
- The ability to work to high standards and maintain own competencies.
- The ability to organise and prioritise, with high time management skills.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- An understanding of health and safety procedures pertaining to the maritime training environment.
Our Client is a leading specialist provider of high quality training courses across Maritime, Security, Fire and Medical disciplines. We have unique training facilities in the South West of England which are used for a wide range of courses from Sea Survival to Lifeboat training and Firefighting. We also have bespoke training facilities in Palma, Majorca from where we can also deliver many of our suite of courses.
Our specialist team of instructors are selected due to their extensive experience across emergency medicine, military and maritime environments – this ensures that all participants benefit from our direct personal experience of their instructors. Participants therefore master the required skills and gain additional knowledge through a combination of independent study, instructor led skills development and scenario practice sessions.
All candidates will be contacted and where possible feedback will be given to unsuccessful candidates.
Jobs in Maritime recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination.
We will not discriminate based on gender, race, marital status, disability, age, health, employment status, sexual orientation, or religion.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold UK permanent residency.