Our client specialises in Marine Electronics – Marine Electronic Services
Marine electronics are at the heart of their organisation. Their supply, installation and support service has been our specialist expertise for over 30 years.
During those years they have gone through many changes, growing and evolving to increase our capacity and expand our capability, know-how and expertise. The coming together of specialist engineers and support personnel has given customers access to an extensive operation providing a comprehensive portfolio of support services.
Adding to that, their membership of the international Aage Hempel Group has further strengthened our capacity, logistically, and adds to our existing customer support capability as well as increasing our capacity of global coverage.
We are, as we say, Customer Driven and the Quality Powered. That ethos is essential to maintaining the integrity of our services. It demands strength in depth to give you an efficient and effective services.
That includes equipment supply and asset financing, as well as installation, spares, and repairs for all major makes and types of marine electronics.
The benefits are:
- A comprehensive portfolio of marine electronics support services.
- Sales and support across virtually all major makes and types of equipment.
- Asset Financing Packages to stabilise your budget.
- Global spares and repairs service 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Services designed and delivered to meet specific customer needs.
- Quality and strength in depth to keep your vessel safe, compliant and on the move.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will involve supporting the Senior Engineer in the service and installation of marine electronics onboard a variety of customer vessels. Based primarily from working as a remote engineer, but with occasional requirements to travel both in the UK and overseas.
- The repair and maintenance of a variety of different equipment on Customers’ ships, offshore installations and in the workshop. Including, X & S Band Radars, VHF & MF/HF Radio Communications, Satellite Communications (VSAT, SAT-C, Iridium), GPS Navigation system, ECDIS, Voyage Data Recorders.
- You will be involved with a large variety of different manufacturers equipment including but not limited to; Furuno, JRC, Intellian, Cobham, Jotron, Simrad, McMurdo, Alphatron, Danelec, Icom, SeaMarshall, Phontech, KVH, Anschutz, Raymarine, Garmin, C-Map, Lars Thrane, Hatteland, Sperry.
- Fully experienced with Radio Surveys, VDR APTs etc.
- To perform surveys and inspections on customers’ ships including Radio Surveys and VDR Annual Performance Tests, suitable training will be provided as required.
- This position involves outdoor work and working at height.
- Some weekend and out of hours work will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
- Other duties as appropriate over time as the business evolves.
Experience is essential
The successful candidate must hold an electronics qualification, HNC/HND preferred but not essential, full driving license and passport.
Company van, workwear, mobile phone & laptop will be provided.
Salary dependent on experience.
The above job description is not exhaustive and simply identifies key aspects of the role, as we are a small but dynamic team, and you must be flexible to help the business to succeed. We deal with such a large variety of vessels, locations, and equipment that no two days are the same.
Jobs in Maritime recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. We will not discriminate based on gender, race, marital status, disability, age, health, employment status, sexual orientation, or religion.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold UK permanent residency.